So, the list of tennants on the ORR development goes something like this right now:
Jimmy Johns (Sandwiches)
Tutti Frutti (fruit related frozen yogurt)
Heights Liquors and Fine Wines (Booze)
Lovett Dental (mouthcare)
Aqua Cleaners (Cleaners)
The kicker that I wasn't aware of is that it also advertises 280 Apartments to be built on the adjacent 3+ acre plot, which can only be the big square of land between Yale and Heights bordering the RR Tracks on its south side.
Here's the text of the email:
Heights Marketplace is under construction and we have only 3 spaces left:
· 1,375/sf (25’ of frontage) between Smashburger and Jimmy Johns
· 1,139/sf (20’ of frontage) between Tutti Frutti and Batteries Plus
· 1,980/sf (36’ of frontage) between Batteries Plus and Loan Depot
· 55’ bay depth allows for maximum frontage
· 33’ high pylon signs on Yale @ Koehler and Heights Blvd. (great visibility to I-10)
· 280 upscale apartments will be built on the adjacent 3.52 acre “Tract A”
· Dynamic new retail corridor
· Super Wal-Mart under construction across the street, to open Fall 2012
· Property has direct access to Yale, Heights and Koehler
· Shell building delivered to tenants in late January 2012
· New services roads and on/off ramps at I-10 and Yale/Heights to be completed by Spring 2012
· Yale @ Koehler will become a signalized intersection
· Join our dynamic tenant lineup….. Smashburger, Jimmy Johns, Aqua Cleaners, Tutti Frutti, Batteries Plus, Loan Depot, Great Clips, Heights Liquors and Fine Wines and Lovett Dental
And here's a link to the flyer from ORR:
Couple of other revealing things about the email and flyer:
-Starbucks on Koehler extension - News, but not surprised here. Have been wondering when they were going to open something up near Washington Ave. Shepherd and I-10 is apparently not close enough. But it is a virtual Starbucks desert in between Shepherd and downtown, given its saturation in other parts of the city.
-Verizon Store on Koehler - news ...
-Chase Bank in Walmart parking lot - which was known
-Taco Cabana in Walmart parking lot - Late night shoppers and Washington Ave bar patrons rejoice
-Heights marketplace to open in January 2012
-Walmart planned to open in Fall of 2012
At least we can be thankful that the Walmart will be here before the apocalypse.