Monday, July 12, 2010

Letter to the City Update ...

So, I sent an email to basically everyone that I thought would be relevant in the city on Wed July 7, 2010 ... I did get a response!



Thank you for contacting my office.  At-Large 5 is committed to assisting you in resolving your issue.
Should you have immediate need, please contact the Director of Constituent Services, Ingrid Flornoy at 832-393-3006.
The People Are The City!!!!!
The Office of Council Member Jolanda "Jo" Jones
At-Large, Position 5
900 Bagby, 1st Floor
Houston, TX 77002


Awesome ... Way to go Elected Officials ... but thanks Jolanda (seriously!).

Look, I know I'm just one guy who happens to live on the same damn street as the one WalMart is going to be built on, and I'm not kidding ... I live on the same street ... but one time when Bill White was Mayor, and I wrote him a detailed letter about a junk pile on my street, public works called me two days later, and had it cleaned up within a week ... that's a response that the newly elected officials can learn from.  I'm not expecting much, just some kind of acknowledgement that you've at least seen my letter from my own Councilman would be an awesome start ... unless of course you're really trying to keep this 'issue' to a minimum due in part to any local sponsorships. 





No comments:

Post a Comment