Friday, July 16, 2010

Click2News Last Night

HERE's the link to last night's news coverage video ... 



Couple of points off of this video ...


"I think that the developer is deeply committed to making sure that any development, again, is going to be appropriate for this area ..."

Houston City Councilman Ed Gonzalez
On Channel 2 News - 15 July 2010



I'm sorry but, since when is City Council, or a developer working with the city, responsible for telling me what is an appropriate business in my area?  Is this the power you want your government to have?  When you make an investment in a home, and set down in a neighborhood, it used to be that you would have the power to help change that neighborhood, or at least have a voice in what is done in regards to your home.  Apparently, thats not the case here ... 



-Walmart finally made a statement:

We are pursuing bringing a store to our customers at that site.  Customers living in that part of the city want more affordable options for grocery, and we want to be a part of that solution.

Walmart statement - 15 July 2010



So I have two forces telling me what I want ... My councilman supporting what is appropriate, and a business my city supports telling me what I want to buy ... I had no idea we had given up so much by making an investment in a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment